Sunday, 8 January 2012

Introduction

I am a geographer.  That means that I am interested in the world around me, all of it, and not any part in particular.  When I look around me I want to know what there used to be, what there is, why and how, and possibly speculate on how what I can see might change. 

I read geography as an undergrad and I also joined the UMGS, which later led me to become part of EGEA which helped me connect with other geographers in Malta and Europe.  I spent a semester on Erasmus in Modena where I developed a particular interest in gromorphology, geomorphological risk and civil protection.  Apart from geography I took an interest in politics which prompted me to participate in the Malta Youth Parliament and also a debating competition, the Mini European Assembly. 
I am now following a masters in sustainable environmental resource management which combines geographical aspects to their management in policy structures.  This brings me to the purpose of this blog – bringing my work from the course on systems thinking to the web.  I hope that what I will post will be worth reading and discussing!



1 comment: